CAD/BIM Project Manager
Do you have superior working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD? Do you have experience leading a team of drafters and modelers to create architectural products in both CAD & Revit? Are you looking for a new leadership opportunity to join a growing company with a national footprint and a strong presence in Salt Lake City?
We are looking for a full-time CAD/BIM Project Manager to lead a team producing large scale projects such as resort hotels, museums, high-rise buildings and auditoriums across the country. With 22 years in business, PPM is one of the largest and most successful As-Built surveying companies in America, delivering around 2,500 projects per year to our clients in the AEC industry. PPM has over 50 team members in our offices in California, Washington, Maryland, and Utah. Our Salt Lake City office was opened in 2018 and has since grown to over 20 employees providing drafting, modeling and project management services for our projects across the U.S.
You’re a drafting expert. You have at least 5 years of experience in the AEC industry (preference in architecture) working on commercial projects. You have experience creating or maintaining CAD & Revit templates and standards, creating CAD blocks & Revit families, and maintaining block and family libraries. You also have working familiarity with point cloud files in an Autodesk environment. Other Autodesk and CAD/BIM related software knowledge is a bonus.
You’re a people manager. You are a natural leader who provides a founded, inviting, and positive sense of authority. You demonstrate a strong desire and commitment to help others learn and succeed. You are extremely service-oriented, patient, and highly approachable.
You’re a project management guru. You professionally implement proven Project Management strategies and tools to ensure CAD/BIM projects are scheduled and executed efficiently. You have the CAD/BIM expertise to be able to provide direct production support on complex projects requiring a combination of vendors and in-house staff to complete.
You’re an organized documentation nerd. You can create and update thorough documentation that simply communicates CAD/BIM processes for efficiently completing projects. You utilize time management skills and processes to balance a heavy workload. You enjoy creating order when faced with complex projects and making sensible plans for yourself and your team. You can easily adapt and prioritize to keep your focus on the most important items.
You are an excellent communicator. You can clearly and concisely articulate your thoughts through email, and you don’t hesitate to make a phone call when you think a real conversation will yield a better result. You find immense value in listening to others – especially clients and your team. You are comfortable delivering praise and criticism in a clear, constructive, and positive way that encourages others to improve.
Things you will do:
This is a full-time (40 hour+/week) position. In a typical week you may be expected to:
- Implement and maintain project management systems to ensure all post-survey production timelines for the team are successfully scheduled and executed.
- Streamline CAD & BIM Production pathways from Project Acceptance to Project Delivery.
- Recruit, test, and develop CAD & BIM vendors to keep PPM’s capacity flexible and adaptable to incoming work.
- Develop and support a team of senior level CAD & BIM production leads who can draft and model anything.
- Provide direct training support for large scale project production employees who need to learn PPM’s processes and standards.
- Collaborate with team leadership on production and organizational strategies that will build a foundation for growth through operational efficiency.
- Quickly develop solutions to keep CAD & BIM production schedules balanced amid high-volume production and growth periods.
If selected, PPM will offer you:
- Base Compensation of $85-105K
- Bonus based on Individual, Team and Company performance
- Generous Health, Vision & Dental coverage
- Paid Time Off for vacation and/or sick leave
- 10 Paid Holidays per year
- 401K with 4% match
PPM is a great company to work with because:
It’s a great time to join PPM as we work together to achieve our mission of becoming the #1 As-Built measuring company in America. We offer a fun and challenging work environment that encourages innovation through risk-taking, and rewards results. We actively promote each employee’s professional and personal development. We share financial information with everybody, so all employees know exactly how the company is doing. Most of all, we believe that a positive culture is everything, and share a common set of Core Values that we all believe and practice. Are you ready to be a Busta?
If interested, please fill out this application:
To learn more about PPM, who we are, what we do and how we do it visit our home page.